The March Hare Bakery
The March Hare Bakery also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions.
We want to give you a fantastic service and for you to be really happy with us. But if you’ve sent or received a product and you’re not over the moon about the experience, please pop us an email straight away. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our very best to get back to you within 24 hours, and we’ll do everything we can to put things right for you.
We take payment when you place your order, rather than at the time of dispatch. This is to help avoid any last-minute hitches that might delay your delivery. We’re not able to accept an order until we’ve checked and approved it, and if there is a problem we’ll be in touch within three working days. We run special offers from time to time and these are to be used independently, not in combination. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence
If we have your item in stock and we receive your order before 10am (UK Standard Time) we’ll put it in the post the same day. If we get your order after 10am, we’ll send it out the next working day. If for any reason we’re not able to do this we’ll get in touch with you by email to offer alternative options.
This is not applicable for any orders placed with an advanced delivery date selected.
Returns are only accepted for goods which arrived severely damaged or are sent in error. If you find your order damaged or you have received the wrong product please contact us immediately. Depending on the condition we will offer to re-send the items or exchange them. As our macarons & chocolates are perishable goods we do not offer refunds in any other circumstances.
CORPORATE & BESPOKE ORDERS POLICY
All orders are to be paid in full upon confirmation. When an order is placed we will block off time to complete it and will turn down other requests to ensure we have the capacity for your order. We may also order in special supplies or bespoke packaging. Bespoke packaging will not be ordered nor will production start until full payment is received, so late payment may affect delivery dates. As all of our products are handmade, there may be some variation in colours and shape. When you order a bespoke product from us you are agreeing to trust our team with the outcome of your product. We cannot offer refunds or accept returns if you do not like your product. If you wish to cancel your order, please note the following points. If an order is cancelled more than 60 days in advance of the agreed dispatch date, a 90% refund will be offered. If an order is cancelled between 60 and 30 days in advance of the agreed dispatch date, a 50% refund will be offered. Unfortunately we are unable to offer any refund if the order is cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice before the agreed date of dispatch.
CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER
Alterations and amendments must be submitted via email no later than 4 weeks prior to the booked date.
We may be able to make alterations after this time but only where design and time permit. Alterations requested less than 4 weeks before completion may not be possible or subject to a surcharge.
We reserve the right to change the design or flavour at any point if circumstances beyond our control compromise the quality of the finished product. e.g. weather conditions. We will let you know of any such changes and we will do our best to keep changes minimal.
We will often provide seasonal offers via our newsletter and on our social media platforms. These are valid online at www.themarchharebakery.co.uk unless stated otherwise. These will be valid for a limited time only, please see expiry date in newsletter or post. Discount will be provided once stated code is entered at the online checkout. Offers will not include delivery unless stated otherwise. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers unless stated otherwise. Offers exclude charitable collections, bespoke orders and corporate orders unless stated otherwise. As our special offers are contingent on availability, we may change the terms of special offers and promotional codes, or withdraw them altogether, at any time, and without prior notice. We also reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to offer different personalised special offers and promotions and it will therefore only be possible for the customer in receipt of the special offer to redeem the discount.
From time to time we will provide seasonal offers for free delivery. These are subject to the terms stated above. In addition they may have an order threshold (e.g. £20), and will be applicable on orders being sent to one address only within the UK. Free delivery offers are valid on single address orders only and will not apply for multi-address orders.
Most of our deliveries are handled by Royal Mail, who advise that their Tracked service delivery can take between one to two working days. 95% of Royal Mail parcels arrive the very next day but some can take an extra day and therefore is not a guaranteed service. Delivery dates are approximate and no liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of late deliveries.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you order from us with sufficient lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from non-shipment or late delivery that is beyond our control.
We cannot take responsibility if the customer is not at home to accept the delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient is available to accept their parcel. If they are not the parcel will be returned to the depot and a non-delivery card will be left with further instructions.
Our Express Shipping option is either sent with DX Couriers or Royal Mail's next day delivery. So, if you place an order for Express Shipping before 10am between Monday and Thursday we can usually deliver it the next day. If we receive your order after 10am on a Friday it’ll be dispatched the following Monday. If you’d like a Saturday or Sunday delivery please place your order before 10am on a Friday and choose Weekend Delivery as your shipping option.
We use DX or Royal Mail as our Next Working Day courier and you will receive a notification email from these couriers the day before the item is due to arrive and then another on the day of delivery specifying an estimated delivery time. Should you wish to amend any of the delivery details, or advise a safe place or to leave with a neighbour you can do so by following the link in the notification emails.
Unfortunately there are a few places our courier DX isn’t able to deliver to. They are: Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight. So, if you’re sending to any of these places and you select ‘Express Shipping’ we’ll send your order out by Royal Mail Special Delivery, which takes one to three working days, depending on the region.
Delivery dates are not guaranteed, If you select a advanced delivery date, we will do our very best to have your order sent to arrive by the requested delivery date. If you are ordering for a specific event or special day, please make sure you choose a preferred delivery date a day or 2 in advance of this (in case of any shipping delays). We do not take any responsibility for slightly delayed deliveries.
Should you have any specific delivery instructions (such as where to leave your parcel etc... Although we pass any specific delivery instructions we receive on to our couriers, we can’t guarantee that the driver will carry these out. It is recommend to update your delivery preferences yourself once you receive the tracking link.
Shipments can only be delivered to an order with full name details and full and correct address details within the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
For remote area’s such as the Highlands and Islands, please be advised that Royal Mail's guaranteed next day delivery may take up to 48 hours.
The March Hare Bakery is not responsible for delayed or non-delivery due to incorrect or incomplete addresses.
If there are any problems with your delivery, you must contact us within fourteen (14) days of the expected delivery date to notify us of any late or missing shipments. We’ll do our best to assist as best we can. Please note that Royal Mail categorises a parcel as ‘lost’ if it still hasn’t been delivered after 15 working days. If your parcel has still not arrived after this time, we’ll happily offer you a refund or send a replacement.
Shipments that are returned or require rerouting due to incorrect addresses will be subject to additional charges for reshipment and/or relabelling.
Shipping charges will not be refunded for late deliveries in the event the business is closed or if the recipient is not available to receive the package when delivered.
Estimated delivery timelines do not take unexpected weather delays into consideration, which may affect shipping and arrival dates. Without prejudice to your statutory rights we accept no liability for any failure to ship products where this results from acts of God, civil commotion, riots, flood, drought, fire, legislation or other factors outside our control, or our decision on reasonable grounds not to do so for reasons of suspicion of credit card fraud or similar, provided that we take all reasonable steps to notify you within fourteen (14) days of order placement that products will not be shipped as ordered.
In such cases we will not process any payment or will immediately refund any payment made, in full.
We reserve the right not to send a message that may contain offensive and/or inappropriate content.
We reserve the right to withdraw our discounts at any time.
MACARONS & MORE REWARD POINTS
- Points can only be earned when a customer has a customer account with The March Hare Bakery and places the order on said account.
- Customers with accounts who checkout as a ‘guest’ will not earn Reward Points on orders placed during ‘guest’ checkout.
- Customer can earn Reward Points when placing an order on their account online atthemarchharebakery.co.uk.
- The value of products purchased will determine the number of Reward Points awarded. Shipping costs do not count towards the total when calculating Pressie Points.
- 5 Reward Point = for every £1 spent
- Reward points are awarded at midnight (12.00am) after your purchase
- Reward points can be redeemed at checkout with your voucher code at themarchharebakery.co.uk- When applying Reward Points to your order the full credit balance will be applied. Any additional payment that may need to be made against your order will need to be covered by the payment methods available at checkout
- In the event of a refund or cancellation your Reward Points will be voided.
- The March Hare Bakery retains the right to remove Reward Points from customer accounts in cases of misuse and fraud.
- The March Hare Bakery retain the right to pause or cancel Reward Points at any time.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on The March Hare Bakery website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
The Way We Use Information
By entering into agreement with us when you place an order, enter a competition or prize draw run by us or on our behalf you have consented to the use of your data. You may ask us at any point not to share your information with third parties for this purpose by contacting us on email - email@example.com.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Some phone calls are recorded for training purposes.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may use “cookies” for administrative purposes such as cataloguing traffic patterns throughout the site and can use a “cookie” to assign a “User ID” for this purpose. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out the identity of any user. If you have a user ID this will automatically identify your computer – but not you – to our servers when you visit our site. Unless you specifically tell us, we will never know who you are, even if we do assign a cookie to your computer.
Other companies that advertise on our site may also have the ability to assign a different cookie to you in a process that we do not control. However, since cookies aren’t useable for identifying individuals, these advertisers will never know who you are – and we will not reveal that information to them.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please get in touch with us here.
SUMMARY OF TERMS
Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood. IP address If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 184.108.40.206 Web Server Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
All classes are to be paid in full in advance. If you wish to cancel your class you will receive a 100% refund if cancelled 21 days in advance, and a 50% refund if cancelled between 21 and 14 days in advance. Unfortunately we are unable to offer any refund if the party is cancelled with less than 14 days notice.
COMPETITIONS & OFFERS
From time to time we run competitions on our site themarchharebakery.co.uk. The below terms and conditions apply.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of The March Hare Bakery, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over and proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.